Pet Guardian Program
Peace of Mind for Your Pet's Care
Do you ever worry about who will be there for your beloved furry family members if you can't? Where will your pet go if something happens to you? Seattle Humane's Pet Guardian Program is a service for Seattle Humane supporters who wish to entrust their companion animals to Seattle Humane in the event of their incapacity or death. For a one-time fee of $1,000.00 (fee may be paid in installments), an individual or family can enroll as members in the program. This membership covers up to five cats, dogs and small critters; remains in effect during the lifetime of the enrollee; and includes any animals they own at the time of their death.
In return for enrolling in the Pet Guardian Program, Seattle Humane will:
- Provide collar tags that indicate the pet is enrolled in the Pet Guardian program with an inscription to contact SH when the owner is unable to care for the animal.
- Provide microchipping for the pets.
- Pick up the animal within a 100-mile radius of Seattle Humane's Bellevue campus and transport to SH, if requested.
- Contact Pet Guardian Program members annually to update our files regarding the pets in their household.
- Take pets immediately upon death.
- Keep pets together, including a dog and a cat, when requested, if beneficial for the animals.
- Place the pets in a foster home when requested or if they are not doing well at the shelter.
- Take as long as necessary to place adoptable pets into appropriate loving homes.
Your enrollment fee may be considered a tax-deductible contribution, minus any fees for microchipping services provided at the time of enrollment.
To enroll in the program, please complete the enrollment form and mail to Seattle Humane, 13212 SE Eastgate Way, Bellevue, WA 98005, Attn: VP of Development, or scan and email to email@example.com.
Upon enrollment, the one-time $1,000.00 fee is payable by check sent with the enrollment form or online.
By enrolling in Seattle Humane's Pet Guardian Program, you can have peace of mind and rest assured that we will care for your pets when you can no longer do so.